Plastic Dash "Stripping"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am currently doing a ground up resto on a 90 rcsb. I painted the truck black, it was origionally yellow. When i pulled the dash and painted that aswell and reinstalled the dash i notice that there was a strip of yellow running down the whole length of the windshield between where the dash stops and the windshield is. On some trucks you wouldnt see it because the black tinting travels farther up the windshield and on my mother's 2011 2500 ltz, there is a black rubber stripping that goes over the end of the dash that covers that same spot. Is there a such thing for my 90 chevy or would i have to pull the dash back out which is a pain in the ass and would result in dropping the steeringwheel and trying to get the dash back far enough to paint

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
very nice, which would you reccomend off hand? and yea rolling the dash back might be a pain but its alot better then taking it fully out to paint behind it or seeing a yellow strip in the windshield

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
id have to see what your talking about. im not seeing it in my head.
but if its just a small area id say just tape off your good stuff and use a small paint brush and some black paint little by little paint it all.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you think if i went to gm dealer and asked to buy some of the same stripping used in the new trucks and it was possible do you think it would work with our dash?

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
contacted the sales rep from the link...you can only buy in bulk and are very expensive. They only recommend buying things like truck trim from them.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
I got the same problem. I'm just gonna go to HomeD and get some flat weatherstrip and cut to fit, a dab of adhesive and call it done.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did one a while back, Customer got on a hurry and we put the dash in and bam! Yellow truck with white showing through the dash up at the windshield. We waited to get a new windsheild and painted that visible edge of white semi-gloss black . Looks cherry now