Pissed but I guess it could have been worse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I reported the accident to my insurance company the very next morning (Tuesday) and requested for them to contact the other drivers insurance company which they did do on Tuesday .
As of yesterday at 3pm the owner of the Jeep Liberty had not reported the accident to his insurance company or responded to any phone calls/messages that were left by his insurance company .

Yesterday I gave them my recorded statement, fax them the estimates & officers report.

His insurance company seem to be willing to get it done but they told me they have to have a statement from the other driver before proceeding to pay the claim.

It's a good thing I called the po-po to come out and write a report.

Last edited:

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
That sucks! I hope everything works out.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last time I went the "let the guy pay for the repair" route i got screwed and my car never got fixed. Ill always report it. I don't care what the person says to me.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last time I went the "let the guy pay for the repair" route i got screwed and my car never got fixed. Ill always report it. I don't care what the person says to me.

Yeahhhh.......after thinking about the cash that I have invested in the truck and how crutty people will lie, cheat and steal just to save a dollar I decided that calling it in to my insurance company would be best.

His insurance company called me Friday and asked me to take it to a local shop that handles their work for an estimate so I did that on my way home after work.
The scamming estimator told me that the Jeep that backed into me was there Thursday and it's rear hatch was damaged from the impact when his spare tire hit my truck. He then went into this BS claim that he could repair the damage & blend the paint but it wouldn't be perfect. I just looked at him all crazy and them told him to take the pics for his buddy at the other drivers insurance company because I won't be bringing my truck back to his shop for some half arzzzz paint repair and I rolled out. What he didn't know was that I already have 2 estimates from other shops and they guarantee me a perfect match and are repainting the whole left side of the bed and the whole tailgate.

Last edited:

Chevy-Art

LS1 Truck Club Member
Reaction score
Take it through insurance G. This has happened to me a few times. I tried to be a nice guy, and had to chase my money down, didn't get all of it, or the guy wants you to take it to his guy, who is in his pocket, and will do a hack job. (because he wants it done as cheaply as possible)
Get an estimate from your guy. if his company says it's too high, tell them you were perfectly happy with the way your truck was before their client hit it.
Let the insurance companies handle it, it would be too much aggravation for you. Good call on calling your insurance company.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the late update guys but I finally got everything moved into our house and I'm slowly catching up with emails & threads.

As some may know I got screwed on the truck damage. The old ******* changed his whole story when speaking to insurance company so the result was I pay for my damage and he'll have to pay for his. His insurance company claimed that it was too hard to prove who was at fault and without any witnesses or building camera's it was basically my word against his. I no longer live in that area but I never forget a face, car or truck so all I'm gonna say is I hope we never cross paths on a bad day because I can't stand theives or lieing ******** !!!!

As for my truck, it's not fixed yet but I did speak with my painter and he'll be fixing the dents and repainting the whole left beside and tailgate for $625.00