Pissed but I guess it could have been worse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While at the post office after work today some old farter driving his sons Jeep Liberty decided to back up without looking and BAMMMMMM......nailed me good with spare tire mounted on the rear door.
You must be registered for see images attach

The lower dent was caused earlier this year when I backed into a pole. I guess she'll be heading to the body shop in a few days

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dang thats sucks, your new paint too.

is the guy paying for it

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeahhhhh.....paint hasn't been on the truck for six months and it's banged already. To make matters worse, I had to call the police to the scene for an incident report because the guy couldn't find any insurance information in the Jeep. While the officer was writing the report the son (owner of the Jeep) shows up and after speaking to him and the officer for a few he asked me not to report it to his insurance company because he'd rather just pay the cash to have it repaired because he has a $500.00 deductable. I'm thinking $500 should cover the damage but I'm no body tech. so I'll be taking it back to my painter tomorrow for an estimate and will decide from there whether to report it not.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
screw him! take it to the insurance!!! get that other dent fixed too.. they dont know it didnt happen then and there.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
screw him! take it to the insurance!!! get that other dent fixed too.. they dont know it didnt happen then and there.

:werd07: sounds harsh but he hit your truck, his dad should be paying his deductible anyways since he was driving. You may end up learning the hard way that the guy is a cheap *******.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
agreed, they hit you, forget it. it's their fault for having a $500 deductable. He's gonna pay more then that fixing your truck so he's gonna be paying more. He probably thinks it's gonna be cheap too. Not when they gotta replace the expensive led taillights on it plus fix the damage. His dad was driving his dad should pay for it, all of it. The boy is probably on his dad's insurance anyways. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, get an estimate, turn it over to them, hold your hand out for the cash or check, prefferably cash or go to the bank with them and cash a check. Then pay the body guy, if they dick around or drag their feet turn it in. My mom got hot in her brand new car, they done her the same way, asked not to call, she took it in, got her estimate, they gave her a check, it bounced, insufficent funds, she had to keep going back to their house and call them. They made it right though. Funny thing is, it was a kid, and he had a jeep, new one, not sure if it was a liberty or not.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Damage also looks like you get a new bedside which when I had mine estimated on my old truck was like 1200 after all said and done. My girlfriend offered some girl the same deal when she scraped her backing out of a parking spot while on the phone. They couldn't afford a claim since their brand new civic was totaled about 3 months earlier. They ended up paying 1100 cash to the girl. Make sure if you do go the cash route you get more than 1 quote so they don't think you are screwing them on the money.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Take it through insurance G. This has happened to me a few times. I tried to be a nice guy, and had to chase my money down, didn't get all of it, or the guy wants you to take it to his guy, who is in his pocket, and will do a hack job. (because he wants it done as cheaply as possible)
Get an estimate from your guy. if his company says it's too high, tell them you were perfectly happy with the way your truck was before thier client hit it. You will probably have to explain that it's not a 500 dollar '96 beater landscaping truck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333