Pics of SS style fog lights using KC 3x5?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I want to add driving lights and I've always loved the look of the SS fog lights in the valence. I'm thinking KC Hilites 775 3x5 driving lights. Has anyone done this? I'd love to see pics. I'd like to see how the angle of the lens and the angle of the bumper look together. ...And hear your opinion of how the lights perform.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im in to hear about this too i was about to start a thread to see fi anyone found repops of the valence fogs, i know they found them for the tahoe limited bumpers but thats all ive known about.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
im in to hear about this too i was about to start a thread to see fi anyone found repops of the valence fogs, i know they found them for the tahoe limited bumpers but thats all ive known about.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=GM2593106&_sacat=0

Only problem with the stockers is that they are glass. And , close to the ground. I've replaced the lights in mine 2X! Get those at Walmart or Canadian tire. Cheap!
The latest ones are shattered too. I don't hit things with them. They keep getting pinged by pebbles. Now they're not so cheap if I have to keep replacing them.
Considered LED driving lights, but haven't found just the right ones. Don't know if they'd look right either.
I'd like to know about the KC's too.

Last edited:

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
The KC lenses are glass also, but replacement lenses are available separately and are in the $20-30 range which isn't too bad.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Also, the factory lights have replaceable bulbs. The el cheapo replacements do not. The bulbs are sealed right into the lenses.
LEDs have shatter-proof plastic lenses.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you guys are going to use some of the OEM style, they come with 55w bulbs. You can up grade to a 65w but I wouldn't go much more than that. My first set I installed some 100w's. The increased heat exploded the glass!
And with them being fogs, they have a wide, short focus. Not like a driving light at all. Some of the aftermarket lenses are designated 'driving' lights. Different lenses that have a longer, narrower beam.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
The 775 lights I mentioned are specifically driving lights. They have an angled lens and I'm not sure how they'll work with the sweep back of the bumper. That's why I'd like to see pics and hear how they work from anyone that's installed them in the outer corners of the valence.

I can't add anymore pictures and I'm not sure what the rules are on showing images from other sites, so I'll just give a link to what they look like here: http://www.carid.com/images/kc-hilites/lights/775.jpg

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
No biggie on other site postings!
Those are the same housings as the OEM lights, with different lenses & mounting style. They have the plastic bar on each side of the lens with the single hold-down screw in the center.
The factory brackets use the valance mount bolt holes. They are also aim-able with front accessible screws on the mounts beside & above the lights for up/down, l/r adjustment. Those will fit the factory foglight valance.
The way that the factory ones mount in the valance puts them square to the road, but they stick out from the valance on the outer ends, & kinda tuck in a bit behind the valance on the inner edges.
Don't know if you can just buy the factory style mounts without the lights.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TYC makes repro SS style fogs... I just put them in. Lense is plastic and use an H3 bulb. Took some "adjusting" to get them aligned but that may be the bumper's fault too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nokya yellow bulbs

You must be registered for see images attach