Reproduction Standard/Crew Cab OEM Style 3rd Brake Light Lenses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone looking, RZLightz is now selling reproduction OEM style 3rd brake light lenses for '94+ standard and crew cab trucks. They don't do one for extended cabs unfortunately. They're expensive, but this is the only way I'm aware of to get a brand new lens for the OEM 3rd brake light assembly. This is just the lens and new gasket, you'll have to re-use your original housing.

https://rzlightz.com/collections/ta...d-brake-light-94-98-silverado-or-gmc-sierra-1

I'm going to dig through my parts stash and see if I can find my original housing. If I can I'll probably get one of these to check out.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
RZ Lightz has a fantastic selection of cool lights for these trucks. They are a little too expensive for me, but they definitely look like they are worth the money.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grabbed a housing the other day at treasure yard. Never know if needed down the road. The lens looked ok, but the inside tower of lens, where the mounting screws go through were deteriorated. It was off a regular cab. I thought the part number was 16522433. This one has 16520058. Was definitely on a GMT400 regular cab and fit perfectly on it.
You must be registered for see images attach

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is just a question because I don't know. What is different from a RC EC and CC light. I have both a RC and EC and visually they look the same.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Grabbed a housing the other day at treasure yard. Never know if needed down the road. The lens looked ok, but the inside tower of lens, where the mounting screws go through were deteriorated. It was off a regular cab. I thought the part number was 16522433. This one has 16520058. Was definitely on a GMT400 regular cab and fit perfectly on it.
You must be registered for see images attach
Maybe there was a new version that had modifications? That would've gotten a new part number....

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe there was a new version that had modifications? That would've gotten a new part number....
There is part number

16520605​

that it superseded too. I saw a few references to it possibly being a very early number -88-????. It’s still a very good part. After cleaning it up a bit, I ran a few tests, it works perfectly.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
There is part number

16520605​

that it superseded too. I saw a few references to it possibly being a very early number -88-????. It’s still a very good part. After cleaning it up a bit, I ran a few tests, it works perfectly.
Good to know, thanks! One of these days, I'm climbing up in the bed and checking all the bulbs in this light on my crew cab. One of the brake bulbs is bad, and I'm thinking about changing them all to LED bulbs. Cargo light could definitely be brighter....