Phone Mount (95+)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always thought it would be cool to install a wireless charger in the flip-up top of the center console. I usually just lay my phone there, it's got a rubber-backed case that doesn't slide easily and fits the space pretty well. Not ideal to have to look that far down to see the screen, but if you have a Bluetooth capable radio you can get turn by turn GPS directions over audio. Just depends on what you're trying to accomplish I suppose.

IIRC someone here has mentioned doing this before but I can't recall who...

I've thought about that too, but I want to be able to see it. I have a navigation head unit but there's so much new construction in my area that you pretty much need Google maps to stay current.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the Scosche magnetic mount. It's cheap, easy to mount, easy to position, and it works. I have one in my DD Mustang, and I use it to hold my phone so I can use Waze as my speedometer because 4.10s are more fun than 3.31s. I also installed one in WCJr. When it's not holding my phone I can use it to hold the Sniper's display.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I3E17RA

You must be registered for see images attach

kolgeirr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a good option to be honest. With a mount on the switch blanks the shifter was always hitting it, and there's not really another good spot. Instead I went and put in an Atoto F7 double-din Android Auto/Carplay unit and have been happy with it. I use the wireless AA for short drives, and for longer ones I plug the phone in and put it in the dash pocket where the CD player used to be. If you're up for a head unit swap I'd recommend it. I have a picture of it installed in the dash on this post.

If you want a mount, that Scosche one posted by Erik works great and they make them in several form factors, but you'll either need a metal backed phone case or a case of a material that allows you to stick a steel plate to it.

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve had my phone on the blank plates for the 2 years I’ve owned my truck and it’s never fallen off. I’ve put over 100k on it in that time too.
Jobey, what sort of cellphone mount are you using that mounts to a blank plate ? Do you have a photo or a link ? Thank you GB

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought one of these then modified the base mount to remove the suction cup then placed it so that the articulating arm assembly is bolted to the inside of the dash mounted cup holder. It required cutting a small, barely noticeable notch into the face of the cupholder, inside the pull handle pocket.

It deletes the cupholder, but for me personally it was pretty much useless and I have an Escalade console with cupholders anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_4265.png
    IMG_4265.png
    837.3 KB · Views: 1

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t have any “during” pictures or of it back in the cab, but here are some various pictures showing “after.”

I removed the suction cup from the base and managed to fine some hardware laying around to bolt that in place. I trimmed out the small notch the fed the arm through and reattached to the base.

Configured like this, the cup holder still slides in and out and the phone isn’t blocking the vent or anything else concerning climate controls, stereo etc. It is also very solid.

Attachments

• IMG_4268.jpeg
    IMG_4268.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4272.jpeg
    IMG_4272.jpeg
    478.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 7