92/94 dash swap to 95 up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i feel pretty comfortBle doing this swap. No engine work , only dash. Wiring wise; I already have fitted the 95 door skins / controls and wired them to work from the 93.

instrument panel, i built my own so no swapping pins, yes i am building new backplate for gages.

headlights; saw wiring diagram on the 95dash sticky.

AC; gona rock the current until ls swap then maybe retrofit

radio; already have a aftermarket so good to go there

question for the actual reinstallation. I am keeping the stock steering column for now, also to probably be retrod if i ever do the ls swap. But will anything from the 95 regarding support brackets need to be installed on the 93 cab ? or will the New shell simply drop into place?

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the old dash out finally.. have several questions.

1) the plug that im assuming went to the glovebox.
Do i need to jump it out / unplug & not use on new dash

PCM mount; does it need to be removed; or can it stay / how did yall remount it

Attachments

• IMG_6131.jpeg
    IMG_6131.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6134.jpeg
    IMG_6134.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its in. now time to start routing wires (probly after thanksgiving , I turn 40 this wknd and headed to deer lease after the party)

main concern now is this gap. Will the new moulding cover this portion. And other is fuse panel. Have to find a way to remount it.

and the few screws that held up the wire bundle. im assuming those werent grounds; just mounting screws.

everything else appears to plug rite in. I have to splice the interior feet lights , 12v accesory ports, extend speakers to door now, and rework tow mirror wiring.

Attachments

• IMG_6169.jpeg
    IMG_6169.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6170.jpeg
    IMG_6170.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6171.jpeg
    IMG_6171.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 14

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You pretty much have to change all the interior plastics. The 88-94 A-pillar trim doesn't work correctly with the 95-up dash. The 95-up A-pillar stops short of the dash and there are separate short straight pieces that fill in the side gaps down to the kick panels. They pop into small oval slots in the cab that your truck won't have but are easy to make. I think I just drilled a hole and widened it a little with a dremel but many years have passed since.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then of course when you go to install the 95-up A-pillar trim you discover you'll want to do the grab handle on the passenger side so you don't have the empty holes. That requires more work..

You must be registered for see images attach

That's why I'm just not a big fan of these swaps. I've done one and to do it right, takes a whole lot of pieces. BTW 1995 is the only year of the new interior that the B-pillar trim has the regular hole for the seat belt top mounts, instead of the long slot for the adjustable shoulder belt that came out in 1996. While it'd be a cool feature to add, you're talking even more surgery to get those mechanisms transplanted.

Richard

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for info. I need to go get a few other parts that the truck I got this panel from didnt have. Or didnt know i needed.

I think im going to bring it to a buddys fab shop and completely strip the inside (including seats bc i need to rework the mounts) then do a good heavy duty cleaning one last time. He has a open bay and it can stay there for several weeks.