Dash swap goof up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Too late.
OK, I'll bite, because you apparently need me to in order to validate your existence.

My exact words:

"I've never used this on automotive work but I do it frequently when troubleshooting old pinball machines. :) a 100W 120V bulb in a porcelain base, with alligator clips to to hook it to the fuse holder. Works like a champ. Dead short = light bulb glows dimly and doesn't let the smoke out of the circuit."

A picture was shown, for clarification:
You must be registered for see images attach

(picture credit: me, because this is a method I successfully use on a regular basis)

I'm replying to someone who used a 12V headlamp bulb in a similar fashion while checking circuits in a 12V automotive system. I replied that I use this trick while troubleshooting pinball machines.

Pinball machines are not trucks.

If you don't care for me or anything I said, please try to find someone who cares, and complain to them.

Richard

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, I'll bite, because you apparently need me to in order to validate your existence.

My exact words:

"I've never used this on automotive work but I do it frequently when troubleshooting old pinball machines. :) a 100W 120V bulb in a porcelain base, with alligator clips to to hook it to the fuse holder. Works like a champ. Dead short = light bulb glows dimly and doesn't let the smoke out of the circuit."

(picture credit: me, because this is a method I successfully use on a regular basis)

I'm replying to someone who used a 12V headlamp bulb in a similar fashion while checking circuits in a 12V automotive system. I replied that I use this trick while troubleshooting pinball machines.

If you don't care for me or anything I said, please try to find someone who cares, and complain to them.

Richard

TL,DR
Here we go again posting a 120v can't help O.P. suggestion.

Why are you continuing this? I gave you an out...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
TL,DR
Here we go again posting a 120v can't help O.P. suggestion.

Why are you continuing this? I gave you an out...
Would you believe, I think you're the first person I'll ever use the "Ignore" function on, at gmt400.com? Pat yourself on the back. Bye..

Richard

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you!

I just realized...you need to have the last word, huh?
You must keep missing the part where he said "I've never used this on automotive work but I do it frequently when troubleshooting old pinball machines" Pretty cut and dry that he uses the 120v bulb in a 110v setting and not 12v.

I can't believe this went on for this long

Cazimiro

Reaction score

My exact words:

Richard
That guy really want to argue with someone or he is just pulling your chain ignore the guy, I used the light bulb trick before and it really works, in case of an emergency when there’s nothing else around but a light bulb and some wire, now if that guy wants to argue with me , just bring it on I am am an electrical engineer, I can explain him other tricks as a light tester but I will not be responsible if I make him cry once I get done explaining other ways to check for shorts or inverse groundings.