performance Y pipe or true duals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody make a performance Y pipe or true duals for these trucks. I was thinking about some bolt in shorty headers, and i know the Y pipe is restrictive. Exhaust places out here wont touch anything fwd of the cat.

Currently out of the cat, i had a straight thru bullet muffler attached, and had it Y out behind tge cat with dual 2.5" pipes exiting under the back bumper.

It would be nice to have a true dual setup with dual cats. If not a less restrictive Y pipe with a larger diameter

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I would suggest a Y pipe, and a single larger converter, but you can also run dual pipes with an H or X pipe, so that both banks scavenge properly.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would suggest a Y pipe, and a single larger converter, but you can also run dual pipes with an H or X pipe, so that both banks scavenge properly.
Do one of those things. Ran true dual system years ago when I was a kid and didn't know any better, the power loss sucks, though they do sound cool.

21Actual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seem to recall the 3/4 ton trucks with the 350 use a larger pipe diameter for the Y-pipe. Worth looking into.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seem to recall the 3/4 ton trucks with the 350 use a larger pipe diameter for the Y-pipe. Worth looking into.

Theres some of these 3/4 ton trucks in my junkyard. I may have to take a caliper with me and check em out. Did the exhaust manifolds change any between 88 and 94? I believe the plumbing on my 94 is 2" tube, so if the 3/4 tons used larger diameter tube, wouldent the exhaust manifolds have larger outlets?? Maybe 2.50" ??

I know the manifolds are a restriction too, but for now it would be easier as a bolt on that can be modded later. Unless the 3/4 ton mannys are larger, then the only restriction would be at the Y as Michael pointed out.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run the Flowmaster catted y-pipe its 3" and has nice bends so its not like the factory one

Same here on my red truck, except it's the 4.3/5.3 setup and mine's a Magnaflow.