Performance chip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman99

Reaction score
Looking for ways to add a little horsepower on my 98 Tahoe. Thinking about getting a chip to help do that. I’m wondering if anyone has used the performance chip revamp for these trucks and if they work at all.
https://performancechiprevamp.com/C...8af1WPSb8lm2mSZ-QmxPR6oWZfBNgQ4UaAr38EALw_wcB
don’t want to do anything to hardcore or expensive like a cam but I do need new injectors so I’m wondering if anyone can recommend a good set of those for a reasonable price. Thanks

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That "Chip" is a complete waste of money. Zero impact on anything functional. If you open it up it's probably just a couple of LEDs in a box. Even the $300+ Hypertech or JET programmers are a far inferior option to a real tune.

If you want some easy extra power, get a nice 3" exhaust (preferably with headers of some sort) and get your PCM tuned. Since you have a '98 anyone who uses HPTuners can do it, but there are mail order companies like Black Bear Performance if there are no tuning shops around you locally.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Full exhaust and a real tune are the heavy hitting easy power adders like df2x4 pointed out. Those 1 7/8" head pipes choke the life out of the motor and the stock tune is so bad, it's difficult to articulate in a single post.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Full exhaust and a real tune are the heavy hitting easy power adders like df2x4 pointed out. Those 1 7/8" head pipes choke the life out of the motor and the stock tune is so bad, it's difficult to articulate in a single post.

To put it into perspective of how much difference it makes....I have a 97 Express conversion van and had a stock 99 2wd Tahoe at one point too. The Van had a set of shorty headers and a tune but also had factory 3" dual pipes to the muffler with the larger factory 3" dual cats. With shorty headers, tune and the larger head pipes it wiped the floor with the Tahoe from 0-100 and beyond while weighing close to 1,000 lbs more.