Performance advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PWC Repair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
People get hung up on numbers......and a lot of people lie about numbers. As far as REAL numbers go, ANYTHING less than a 7 sec 0-60 is a pretty fast street car! Aftermarket cats are very reaasonably priced on Ebay. Just buy a $60 free flowing cat and have the local exhaust place weld it in. As far as an every day driver I think it's more important overall how the truck 'feels' to drive. Can you pull out into traffic without worrying about getting run over? Does it idle fine? Does it climb hills ok without over-revving and downshifting? Is there any rev 'flare-up' between shifts? Stuff like that.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The guy really only asked if his 10.3 second 0-60 time was normal...

KamenRider_1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Magnaflow sells 50 state legal cats. Just buy one.

Changing the rear gear ratio can make it feel like a completely different truck for 0-60 romps if that's all you're interested in.
Yeah I think I might buy one from them. My uncle who’s helping me out with new parts wanted to put a bootleg cat on the truck but I think I should just get one from magnaflow

KamenRider_1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say that sounds pretty normal -10.5 seconds, when considering what condition and miles on truck? I’d be more focused on finding out exactly what I had and getting it running right.
Has about 185k miles on it. The transmission was replaced with a new one a month before I got it.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the timer on my phone and the time was stopped as I hit 60 before one of my buddies used an app on his phone. I got 10.4 on my timer while his app got 10.3
Not a real accurate way of measuring. If you're serious about performance, buy a Dragy as mentioned above. Couple hundred dollars well spent.