Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can buy permethrin and treat your clothes yourself. In the Air Force we actually got issued permethrin to treat our uniforms. It works.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ANQVYU/
Interesting, all I was issued is a hard time lol.
I replaced one of those mounts eons ago, probably got it off of Rockauto? Used 3M adhesive from Advance Auto to install, been working like a champ. Someone locked themself out and shoved them self through the side window to regain access to their vehicular and snapped an ear off in doing so.
Any idea what they are called? I can’t seem to find them when searching for window mounts
Sure it does, but the clothing made from permethrin-impregnated cloth lasts for 70 washings which is longer than my outdoor clothes last. I don't have to wait until I'm getting bit again to then treat my entire summer wardrobe over and over again. I just don't have to deal with it at all. My lower legs have changed skin color due to all the deet and permethrin spraying I've done in the past (ruined my inner driver's door panel also from rubbing my outer calf on it. Turned the plastic into a brown bubbly mess).

Plus, my main project this year is less projects. :)
Huh, never imagined they had stuff with it already in it. Gonna have to look for this, I wonder if they make Crye G3s with it.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Not sure how I got this lucky but the truck is mine and registered! Met my aunt at the DMV to gift me the title and they asked if I wanted to register it right then and there. Whipped out my insurance app, slapped coverage on it and now it’s tagged and I’ve already put 20miles on it doing errands.

Very good!

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put 40 miles on it so far! The rear drums are definitely leaking all the fluid out leaving the fronts to do all the work, but for now I’ll consider that a none issue. Eventually H2 axle swap it with Gmt800 brakes to fix that issue.

The alignment is great up to 60 which is as fast as I’ve taken it but the steering wheel is pretty far off. This will be fixed after I throw Kryptonite tierods at it.

Then of course the seats, still need to find a drive seat, probably gonna take and drop off the passenger seat to get done for now just so I can put it back in and keep using the truck.

Then the big elephant is obviously stuff needs painting and needs someone who knows how to align panels and junk to attack it. That will be a year or so down the road unless I win the lotto, I want to finish all mechanical needs first.

Attachments

• IMG_2144.jpeg
    IMG_2144.jpeg
    643.2 KB · Views: 8

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put 40 miles on it so far! The rear drums are definitely leaking all the fluid out leaving the fronts to do all the work, but for now I’ll consider that a none issue.
Raybestos rear wheel cylinders are less than $10 a pop. Please, fix it now so you don't end up in a "Florida Man" meme.

Dantheman1540

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plugs and wires done in less than an hour before work, these things are refreshingly easy to work on. Pretty sure the idle misfire is gone now, and it made it the couple mile drive to work.

Attachments

• IMG_2150.jpeg
    IMG_2150.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2151.jpeg
    IMG_2151.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 3

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry but I refuse to support the longevity of drum brakes. I’ll vice grip the hoses before I work on them :crazy:.

Well odds are whatever disc brake kit you're considering is trash, so I'd recommend fixing what you have instead. Properly serviced drum brakes last quite a while. You've got the big 13" drums, they'll lock before the fronts do when everything's set up correctly.