passenger seat wont lock in place?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 z71

Reaction score
hey guys, my pasenger seat in my 97 wont lock in place on the right side. when you turn the handle to the right to slide it back and fourth, both the pins lock in place, but on the track.........

the left side it stays nice and tight, but on the right side of the track it moves up and down and forward and back untill it cant because the other side stops it from bending....

i tried looking under it for anything out of the ordinary, but i cant tell? what holds the track in place?? something isnt catching and i hate it cause it squeaks when i go over bumps and just jumps around.....

any help? :Stupid Me:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There's a wire that goes from one side of the tracks to the other. Sometimes those break, or just come undone. If it's broken, it can be replaced with coat-hanger wire. Best to pull the seat out to do that. A whole lot less frustrating.
You could also look at where the mechanism/release pivots. the pin that drops into the holes to lock the seat track in place can be come mis-aligned & not be dropping into the track to lock it.
You can also try tightening up the seat to track bolts, the track to riser bolts, & the riser to floor bolts.
Easier to do the first two with the seat outa the truck