Painting Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amp24 7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a thread that I cannot find, but what exactly have you guys done to paint your chrome bumpers without any peeling? I want black bumpers to match my herculined bottom half.
You must be registered for see images attach

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Clean, sand with 220, shoot with etching primer, shoot with high build primer, (guide coat and sand smooth if you want it to come out nicer), clean, shoot basecoat, (then clearcoat but not in your case because of the color.)

The key to not getting paint flaking is all in the prep work, no shiny spots.

Amp24 7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clean, sand with 220, shoot with etching primer, shoot with high build primer, (guide coat and sand smooth if you want it to come out nicer), clean, shoot basecoat, (then clearcoat but not in your case because of the color.)

The key to not getting paint flaking is all in the prep work, no shiny spots.

Thats pretty much what i thought. The main problem is i cant get my front bumper off without cutting the bolts.. lol

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Kroil and a simple propane torch work wonders. Shoot it, let it sit, do that a few times, torch it and there's a pretty good chance it'll come loose.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Soak them in PB Blaster for days.

~Via Mobile