Paint Scheme Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
My truck is my winter beater, but that doesn't mean I want it to look like crap. The clear on the hood is destoyed (cowl ordered and on the way) and there is some rust on the cab near the corner I want to repair. Now, the problem is, the pass bed side is pretty wrinkled up, so I plan on leaving it (93 truck not worth fixing in my opinion). That said, it would then make sense to leave from the belt line down to the body moldings the stock color, and the hood, roof, and bottom sections would all be the repaired areas. Looking at the factory 2-tone it looks like GM did a silver with my maroon paint, but dodge also did a black in the same pattern I like. I am not an experienced painter and was planning on using the Duplicolor Paint shop system, but not set on it. The other goal here is to learn painting techniques on a lower value vehicle that I can live with mistakes on, so that when it comes time to do my grandma's 39 buick some day, I will know what I'm doing.

Suggestions on scheme, product, and gun? Keep in mind budget is a factor, but time really isn't.