Paint buffing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello, I have a question for anyone with any painting knowledge. OK here goes, I went yeasterday to the body shop where I have been planning to have my truck painted, to schedule when to drop my truck off next week, well in the middle of the conversation I ask him who is going to buff out the paint after it's panted, he tell's me no one because he uses several filter's on his air supply. Well I am not a paint and body person but I have never heard of a body shop not buffing out a paint job, unless it's a total crap job, and he knows I want a nice job, I mean how would he get out the orange peel look, much less get that deep shine that you get after buffing, I don't care how many filter's you have on your air supply to me it still need's buffed. Anyway I was about to pay $4500 for this guy to paint the truck, and now I am thinking it's not going to happen, because I'll be damned if I pay that much money not to even get the paint buffed out. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
That sucks about the no buff. So what are you going to do about getting your truck painted now.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If he's not wet sanding and buffing find another shop to paint your truck that does.
Just about all paint jobs have some orange peel or other minor imperfections fresh
out the booth no matter what paint booth or how many filters used. Wet sanding &
buffing is the only way to go if you're looking for great results.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's what I thought too, I wanted to ask the guy "are you seriously not going to buff", yeah he definitly won't be painting the truck now!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I haven't, but the big problem here is almost no one want's to do custom stuff, they only are willing to do insurance type repairs.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
There is a body shop near my house that will do custom work but he sure is not cheap. He wanted about $6000 to do a complete stock color paint job and an extra $2000 for candy. And yes I know a really good paint job is not going to be cheap.