Ok I Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you get a chip burned for your truck? Are you still using a nonadjustable fuel pressure regulator?

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
so u think i should clean the injectors?
and why doesnt it do this when i cruising and punch it?

fuel injectors for a vehicle are designed to normally run at around 50% duty cycle... as in they for every few seconds, they run half the time.. while cruizing, they never see 100% duty cycle. when you punch it while cruising.. i doubt they ever hit that 100% mark. but thats just my rambling....

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
it does sound like something with the fuel system. i am thinking injectors too but i am confused on why it would come then drop off and come back. that makes me think its a sensor or the computer. it could be some bad gas if it only started recently and haven't gotten more since. but it dropping off thing is the kicker for me. let me know when you find the problem, its buggin me now.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the same problem with a 4.3 tbi that was rebuilt with an rv cam slapped in. I neglected tbi and it found a new home before I ever got around to caring about the problem.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i talked to some people and they all pointed me at the throttle body. most told me to just replace the whole thing and some said one of the sensors. hope that helps cause i am about puzzled

93zierra

Reaction score
I have this problem if I punch it when I'm down around an 1/8 of a tank. Does it only happen when you're low on fuel?

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never over a 1/4 tank? That's incredibly hard on your fuel pump. Generally speaking you shouldn't let your tank drop below 1/8 to 1/4 for an extended period of time because your fuel pump needs the gas to keep it lubricated and cool.