Oil pressure gauge lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i am installing a mechanical oil pressure gauge in my 96 silverado and i want the backlight in it come on when i turn my running lights/ headlights on, what could i splice it into to make this work?

Edit: Fyi i will be mounting it on the pillar. Also it is a bosch gauge and has a twist n lock bulb, bosch told me the bulb was a “GE363” i want to put a led in it will a BA9S bulb work?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
In a 96, use the gray wire coming off the headlight switch for use with the dimmer, Brown wire for non-dimming. Both come on with the park lights. Yes, a BA9S is what you'll need for your LED.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In a 96, use the gray wire coming off the headlight switch for use with the dimmer, Brown wire for non-dimming. Both come on with the park lights. Yes, a BA9S is what you'll need for your LED.
Sorry i am just now seeing this I haven’t been receiving notifications from the website lately but thank you for the info!!!