Ls swap oil pressure gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thenameless

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
here is the beginnings to trying to get some of the factory gauges back operational. The oil pressure sensor in the pic is what I removed from the gen 3 ls, it has only 1 pin. It looks identical to the parts store stock replacement for my 97. I bought the adapter to ⅛npt but neither of those use that. Can I not just run the LS Oil pressure sensor wired directly to the gauge? The threads on the oem don't need an adapter, I'm a little confused. any help is much appreciated... AGAIN

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would have thought your 97 would have the smaller threads, and the stock replacement should have had three wires for the fuel pump cutoff. Guessing thats been bypassed. It would probably be fine to give it a try, don't imagine anything is going to catch fire. If youre that worried about it, put in a new for 97, and just run the sensor wire. The other two are for fuel pump.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would have thought your 97 would have the smaller threads, and the stock replacement should have had three wires for the fuel pump cutoff. Guessing thats been bypassed. It would probably be fine to give it a try, don't imagine anything is going to catch fire. If youre that worried about it, put in a new for 97, and just run the sensor wire. The other two are for fuel pump.

Some were wired for the 3 pin sensor and others the 1 pin. My 97 van has the 3 wire, my 99 Tahoe had the single wire. I had a 94 TBI 305 van that also only had the single wire. Never understood why GM bounced around so much on some of the wiring. Kind of like the Isolated vs Case grounded 02 sensors in the newer trucks and the 02 heater circuits. Some used 02 heaters that are wired directly and others run the 02 heater control wiring through the PCM.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know. Had a feeling I was going to be told that GM did something weird with whatever things. Ive probably even been under the hood at one point working on a 97 with a single wire, but didn't notice, or long forgot.

Thenameless

Reaction score
You are correct on this. My factory pressure sender on the 4.3 that came out of tye truck had 3 wires. I just didn't understand why people were saying I needed the adapter as this one looks like it threads right in. If I don't need the 2 wires for tye fuel pump I will try to use the LS one wire sender and hope for the best.