OEM wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoesport

Reaction score
Are these the same wheels, just with different center caps? Wondering if the center caps with exposed lug nuts can be replaced with the smooth/solid caps.

Thanks

Attachments

• 127463325.jpg
    127463325.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 9

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Are these the same wheels, just with different center caps? Wondering if the center caps with exposed lug nuts can be replaced with the smooth/solid caps.

Thanks
As far as I know, they're the same wheels with different caps. I do know that the smoothies are the same as the Escalade 7 spoke wheels on the NBS Escalade, just without the Cadillac emblem. They're the same lug pattern so I would think the wheel is the same, and the cap is the same size.

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The caps are definitely swappable. The difference are the lug nuts. The cap with the plastic cap retainers require a longer threaded lug nut and the smooth ones do not. What will happen is the lug nut will contact the smooth cover. You can grind the plastic ribs off the inside of the smooth cover and still use the same lug nuts. I have been there !!!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your thinking of the separate chrome type cap, that have the screw on black lug covers screw on like the rally wheel. That my Silverado came with. I took them off because they made noise, rattle, snap. I put the alum razors on off my GMC. Those his picture are flat moulded solid I have both those now.