odd 4l60e issue. Looking for opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Moved to this state 3 years ago and about a year here my tranny went in my 98 k1500. After gettin/g a beat CL trans i scraped enough to buy a supposed rebuild but ittruely was plagued with problems. hard 1-2 shift, fluctuating lockup in drive, then/ it started leaking from bell housing. finally it became a no Reverse, no 1st an/d no drive situation. i managed to add a bit of lucas get it home and looked for a rebuild now that i was more able to. so its at for 2 weeks during the rebuild of the original and the battery went bad. So after changing battery and moving it to change trans the thing worked in all gears but shifts hard from neutral to drive. should i just change the trans and converter out to one i know is of quality build and originally for my truck or leave it til i can get a code and maybe fix? i think its just doomed to fail again. but some solid opinion/s are sure welcome. there are no codes after battery disconnect.