OBS; 96 Ext.Cab Wheel Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Okay so I just picked up a ext. cab 96 2wd silverado. I just wanna put some big wheels on it. I don't need to go offroad or lift or anything. I would just like to know if I could fit some 33 x 12 or 33 x 15.50 on there without doing anything to it?

If not what is the biggest I can run stock without having to lift it?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see fitting a 33 under a 2wd with no mod's it's going to rub like crazy, however I think a 31 would fit ok.

CokeZero

Reaction score
I had asked this question on a different site and a member told me to "crank the factory keys and mount 33s on stock wheels and it'll fit fine" So I asked a friend and he said cranking the keys will cause them to break?

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wont cause them to break it will just put more wear on all your front end components causing them to wear out sooner depending on how much you crank.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If its 2wd it doesnt have keys.... and no 33s wont fit

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
My truck when I bought it was on 31's , Thats the most you can fit at stock height. It was stuffed.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach