Not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Channeled 91

Manic Mechanic
Reaction score
I have been researching and I guess my truck does not have a CRANK POSITION SENSOR.

Last edited:

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yall sure making alot of work for someone that never direct wired the pump to make sure it is functioning. and the icm signals to fire the injectors. if those dont fix it, THEN it is obvious a mechanic is the next stop.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
yall sure making alot of work for someone that never direct wired the pump to make sure it is functioning. and the icm signals to fire the injectors. if those dont fix it, THEN it is obvious a mechanic is the next stop.

He has said more than once that he bypassed the relay and that the pump runs and that he has replaced the ICM

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
Lets start at the beginning; Chart A-1 No ses light all engines.
Does the SES light come on? If it does not you need to check both the ECM fuse and the continuous battery fuse.
Are both fuses good? If not find the short to ground on that circuit and repair it.
If both fuses are good with the ignition OFF you need to disconnect the ECM from the Harness . Turn the ignition ON and probe circuit #440 ( orange wire ) and circuit #439 ( pink wire with a black tracer) with a test light to ground. If either circuit does not light the test light find and repair the open in that circuit.
If the test light lights you have a faulty ECM ground OR a faulty ECM.

THIS TEST IS ONLY IS YOU DO NOT HAVE AN SES LIGHT!!

Last edited:

Channeled 91

Manic Mechanic
Reaction score

The fuel pump is brand new and I have directly wired a positive wire to the pump and it works. I have also replaced the ICM.

Channeled 91

Manic Mechanic
Reaction score
Lets start at the beginning; Chart A-1 No ses light all engines.
Does the SES light come on? If it does not you need to check both the ECM fuse and the continuous battery fuse.
Are both fuses good? If not find the short to ground on that circuit and repair it.
If both fuses are good with the ignition OFF you need to disconnect the ECM from the Harness . Turn the ignition ON and probe circuit #340 ( orange wire ) and circuit #439 ( pink wire with a black tracer) with a test light to ground. If either circuit does not light the test light find and repair the open in that circuit.
If the test light lights you have a faulty ECM ground OR a faulty ECM.

THIS TEST IS ONLY IS YOU DO NOT HAVE AN SES LIGHT!!

Thanks will do this today.Looked at my wiring diagram and it is showing that Orange is on circuit 440 which is 12V battery fused and the only wire that is pink is actually pink/black and it is on circuit 439 which is 12V ignition fused.

Last edited: