Noobie help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

machete

Reaction score
Just bought a 91 shortbed 2wd chevy and lookin to drop it and get some nice wheels. I'm sure this has been asked a million times but what is the lowest you can go without notching the frame? Any suggestions as to where to buy my drop kit? I'm a senior in highschool working minimum wage at a hotel so keep that in mind. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just so you know it cost quite a bit to drop a truck properly
I would also start reading Some Build Thread in the street section

machete

Reaction score
I've currently saved about a 1k, if it cost a lot that's fine. Just let me know, and I just found this site today and been reading my ass of :)

Reaction score
Drop spindles for the front.. And a flip kit for the rear will even it out nice.. shouldn't have to notch.

machete

Reaction score
Drop spindles for the front.. And a flip kit for the rear will even it out nice.. shouldn't have to notch.

Any pics of this done? Curious what it would look like. I keep seeing the drops of 4/6 and it looks nice. I'd like to run 20inch wheels.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
The lowest you can go in the rear without notching is 4". Anymore than that and you will have to notch the frame. A flip kit will get a 6" drop in the rear and you will definitely have to notch the frame.

Reaction score
Well.. i had drop spring and spindle up front.. and a flip and notch with hangers out back.. more of a 4/8 or 6/10ish i guess lol..
But an idea of what that looks like..

You must be registered for see images attach