No start today, been running perfect.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well for anyone following my adventure, the fuel pressure looks good. Its about 64 at key on and falls to 58 or so after the pump primes and stops running. Runs about 58 as well at idle but anything above idle is a solid 63 or so. Its kinda hard to see doing it by myself, but I hope these numbers are good.....

No issues with it all so far since the original no start.....

Looks spot on. Keep us posted!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havent actually replaced any of the ignition parts yet and I only have the plugs in hand the rest is on order. I may have went a bit overboard, but this is my daily driver so I dont want it happening again. Since most of the ignition is probably OE with 231k, I thought a complete replacement was in order. Its just weird that it hasnt happened again and my wife thinks I made it happen so I could buy stuff, lol.....

I really didnt make it happen, I can think of lots of other stuff to spend that $$ on other than the parts I bought. :D

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...my wife thinks I made it happen so I could buy stuff, lol.....

Oh boy, do I ever get that one a lot. Yes honey, I drilled a HOLE in the radiator so I could buy a new one! :lol: Ok, so it's not as bad as that, but I too tend to go overboard, and get the look (you know, THE LOOK) every time I mention buying more parts. Ahhhh, the joys of owning a fourteen year old MUV...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The look? Oh whatever do you guys mean?

Pffft......I think she's gotten the look permanently stuck in her face.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The look? Oh whatever do you guys mean?

Pffft......I think she's gotten the look permanently stuck in her face.

ROTFL, ya I think that also. Guess their mothers never warned them that their faces would freeze like that????

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
"But, honey, why buy THREE different superchargers for one engine?!"

"uhhhh.....to compare them ofcourse :evillol: "

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the kit in yesterday and got everything installed. The wires that were on it were some parts store 7mm specials. The longest one (#3) had 6.4k ohms resistance, the longest one of the dui livewires had .92k and it was a little longer than the 7mm one. It seems to me that its running a little smoother. The cap was a replacement as well, had some buildup on the posts and they were not brass. The plugs looked ok, but the gap on all of them was about .056" They were the AC delco platinum replacements.

I'm working on a how to for the vortec tune up. You guys think thats a good idea or a waste of time? Just thought it might help someone who has never done something like this before and would give them an idea of how involved it is...