No Spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canon Lansdell

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you induce problems into repair it really becomes wild shots in the dark. As much cranking you need to do, plugs in or out you might leave it on a charger when not cranking. How are you checking for a spark? With a real air gap spark or some other? Is that right, when checking for spark some did not spark? Why check all? And if you did check all, why did some not spark? Should be white blue spark, high energy ignition, no compression resistance. How do you know dist' is 180° out? Guess? At this point rather than alot of " this happened to me, my uncle, friend, eighth cousin", get the manual out and start step 1.
Began testing for spark on an air gap tester. After getting a solid charge on the battery, tested spark at #1 plug wire with said tester and wasn’t the high energy blue spark that i was looking for. Out of time?