No Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaredlee

Reaction score
Greetings Ya'll,

I have a 94 ECRB 4x4 with a 305. I just put new head gaskets in after making the mistake of letting my neighbor borrow it. I put the truck back together and it starts and idles fine. It runs but in 1st gear and reverse I have no power once it hits second it is ok.

I think it might have something to do with the emissions portion and I wanted to ask if someone has pictures of a 305/350 TBI so I can make sure I put all the sensors back in place correctly. I am also interested in asking if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks for all the help. This is my first post but I have read many posts in the past that helped me with my head gasket replacement such as what is what and where and anything in between.

Thanks again.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
When you say no power in 1st and reverse do you mean the engine just revs and the transmission doesn't pull? Or it's just sluggish in 1st and reverse?

And :welcome:

jaredlee

Reaction score
It's really sluggish. It seems like something is holding it back.

jaredlee

Reaction score
So just to wrap up this original post I could not find any reason that the truck would be so sluggish so decided to take the bed off just for fun and replace the fuel pump. Wouldn't you know it runs like a top now. Not sure why it was ok after first before but either way it was the fuel pump.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
So just to wrap up this original post I could not find any reason that the truck would be so sluggish so decided to take the bed off just for fun and replace the fuel pump. Wouldn't you know it runs like a top now. Not sure why it was ok after first before but either way it was the fuel pump.

Fuel demand will be greater in 1st/Reverse due to higher RPMs, weight, lack of momentum.. i'm sure there are other parameters..

and as sewlow said.. replace the fuel filter aswell!

jaredlee

Reaction score
I had already replaced the fuel filter. I kinda worked my way backwards. I was going to do a fuel pressure test but figured what the hell the pump is cheap. Unfortunately the sending unit was rusted all to hell so I had to replace it as well.