Newbie need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just checked the front end of my truck and nothing sadly. Only thing it has is the 2” shackles in the back so i think i might go ahead and order the DJM kit. How much did that notched xmember set you back? I was looking at my pumpkin measuring how much clearence i had from pumkin to xmember its roughly about 8” but my exhaust pipe is directly above the pumpkin! So i have to get that taken care of first lol
My djm flip kit came with the bolt in notch. As for the bed xmember above your pumpkin, you just cut your stock one.

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

Tamayo

Reaction score
Oh I see. I want the DJM kit, but shipping date isn't til 3/8/18 I really don't want to wait a month for it lol

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Djm has the kit for 510 us dollars. Not sure where you live but it might be an option for you. I got my djm stuff on amazon canada for pretty good price. Dont forget, the spindle is different for a 88-91 compared to 92-98. Brake rotors are thicker on newer trucks i believe.

Tamayo

Reaction score
Yeah just checked their site. 510 without shocks ended up being about 700 with shocks and 100 more for shipping lol. I went to autopartwarehouse.com and had the kit for 410 no shocks and 600 with shocks, no shipping charge. Will Belltech SP 10103i shocks work for my front end and Belltech Nitro Drop 2 8502 work for my rear? Site says theyre compatable but just want to verify.

Edit: Forgot I was already cleared with 10103i lol

Last edited:

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fronts should be perfect. Im still rocking oem shocks in the rear on mine, i never could get a straight answer on the proper shocks to use with a flip AND extenders so i just kept them stock and they seem to ride fine

Tamayo

Reaction score
If I decide to run OEM rear shocks (for now) will I need shock extenders with the flip kit?

Last edited:

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That kit looks like it comes with extenders so id run them forsure. Without them, the rear shock angle is horrible!

Stock rear shocks DO work ok with the extenders....its obviously not the ideal shock to keep on there, but they will get you rolling :D

Tamayo

Reaction score
lol I see. slowly starting to get how the suspension parts work lol thanks a lot for all your help really appreciate it. this forums awesome!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Without the extenders, the rear shocks are so far off on a goofy angle, that they're not compressing. Acting more like levers & not doing what they should be.
Even with the 4" shorter shocks + the extenders, I still wasn't satisfied with the way they sat, under my '98. (black one)
Did an upper shock mount relocation in order to bring them back to an acceptable angle. S-o-o-o much better!

I have 4" front drop and the factory size swaybar links work perfectly fine.

Yea, I managed to get the factory end links installed too, but under compression, they ended up hitting & binding up on the frame where the bar bends back to the control arm after the mount.
But then, I tend to stuff the truck into corners at speeds that the average person wouldn't attempt to, or even think of trying.
#shockkiller. #tirekiller.

NcMilkMan

Reaction score
Without the extenders, the rear shocks are so far off on a goofy angle, that they're not compressing. Acting more like levers & not doing what they should be.
Even with the 4" shorter shocks + the extenders, I still wasn't satisfied with the way they sat, under my '98. (black one)
Did an upper shock mount relocation in order to bring them back to an acceptable angle. S-o-o-o much better!

Yea, I managed to get the factory end links installed too, but under compression, they ended up hitting & binding up on the frame where the bar bends back to the control arm after the mount.
But then, I tend to stuff the truck into corners at speeds that the average person wouldn't attempt to, or even think of trying.
#shockkiller. #tirekiller.
Can you post pics of relocation trying to get ideas of how to do mine