Newbie need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id do the flip kit forsure. And depending what you find up front could save you a good chunk of change! No sense buying drop spindles if you find that you have them already, or same with springs.

Personally, my front end has djm spindles and 1 coil cut off my stock springs. And beltech shocks.

Old pic right after i dropped the biotch
You must be registered for see images attach

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

Tamayo

Reaction score
NICe truck! Sits just right! Is belltech the better brand to go with? As far as shocks go

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NICe truck! Sits just right! Is belltech the better brand to go with? As far as shocks go
I honesty couldn't answer that. They are the only brand shock ive ever ran on this truck and on a bunch of s10's previously, so its all i know lol.

Tamayo

Reaction score
I honesty couldn't answer that. They are the only brand shock ive ever ran on this truck and on a bunch of s10's previously, so its all i know lol.

Lol gotcha. Hows it ride?

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rides excellent. Very fun truck to drive especially since ive yanked the v6 and put the LS in.

On large dips in the road, if im going quick enough, the tires will bottom out in the front inner fenders. Hardly noticeable though. Ive never bottomed out in my notch unless i was hauling way more than i should have LOL

Tamayo

Reaction score
Rides excellent. Very fun truck to drive especially since ive yanked the v6 and put the LS in.

On large dips in the road, if im going quick enough, the tires will bottom out in the front inner fenders. Hardly noticeable though. Ive never bottomed out in my notch unless i was hauling way more than i should have LOL

I plan on dropping an LS in my truck as well maybe late this year or early next. I was looking a few belltech shocks and they seem to have really good reviews for the most part I think i might have to tryem out.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
On a 4/6 drop, you'll need the 2" shorter shocks up front & 4" shorter in the rear.
If you're truck has already been lowered 2" in the front with spindles, the shocks in there now are the same length as a stock shock.
If t was lowered with springs, the shocks will be 2" shorter.
The stock length shocks can be used with a 2" drop shackle which, more than likely, is what's in there now.
On the 6" rear drop, a 4" shorter shock is needed. 4" because the kit has 2" shock mount extenders.

This is the difference between a Nitro-Drop shock's shaft & the BellTech Street Performer's.
They are much more robust in all aspects along with superior performance characteristics in damping, compression & rebound control.

Tamayo

Reaction score
On a 4/6 drop, you'll need the 2" shorter shocks up front & 4" shorter in the rear.
If you're truck has already been lowered 2" in the front with spindles, the shocks in there now are the same length as a stock shock.
If t was lowered with springs, the shocks will be 2" shorter.
The stock length shocks can be used with a 2" drop shackle which, more than likely, is what's in there now.
On the 6" rear drop, a 4" shorter shock is needed. 4" because the kit has 2" shock mount extenders.

This is the difference between a Nitro-Drop shock's shaft & the BellTech Street Performer's.
They are much more robust in all aspects along with superior performance characteristics in damping, compression & rebound control.

I just checked the front end of my truck and nothing sadly. Only thing it has is the 2” shackles in the back so i think i might go ahead and order the DJM kit. How much did that notched xmember set you back? I was looking at my pumpkin measuring how much clearence i had from pumkin to xmember its roughly about 8” but my exhaust pipe is directly above the pumpkin! So i have to get that taken care of first lol