Newbie Chevy 350 top-end build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
I'm decently new to engine building and I'm wanting to get some advice and ideas for a top-end build. The truck is a 1992 chevy k1500 with the 350 5.7 and 700r4 trans. Both trans and motor are 100% stock and have 150k miles on both. I'm looking to hopefully make it in the 300 - 350Hp range. I plan on new trans, heads, cam, etc..... obvious top-end. I'm aware the stock TBI won't support it and there are ported TBI options out there but id like to go either Holley sniper EFI or possibly just maybe a carb swap. I plan on keeping the bottom end stock, but I am going to have new crank bearings installed and check the entire bottom end before I start the build. Any ideas on a good set of heads, cam, and lifters would be great. Any help, ideas, or plans would be great. show me yall builds!

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@PlayingWithTBI gave you good info in the last thread you started regarding the capabilities of a 350hp TBI system. Didnt you read it?
Or are you starting another thread for spam?

Perhaps a moderator can combine this thread into OP's previous thread, started today at 1:24pm titled "Holley Sniper EFI?"

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
No, I was starting a third mainly focusing on heads and cam choice but mentioned TBI and EFI to know which one would support a certain build. The last efi thread was specifically for that.