New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think those guys needed some of Garage 54's wooden brake pads.

But yeah; seems like the usefulness of the tester is pretty limited unless the fluid is very contaminated. It makes me worry about some of the clips I've seen where the tech gets a positive result out of the tester. Either the particular one they're using is "more" accurate (simple pen-style tester with LED's), or that's some REALLY bad fluid.

Richard

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I know Snap-On has mail-order warranty replacement service. I bet Mac does, too.

Contact Mac customer service.
Coworker at a former job called in for warranty on a toolbox drawer slide. We didn't have a mac truck but they put him in contact with a local rep. Guy came to the shop, replaced both slides on the one drawer and checked each of the others while there.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So I think I broke my MAC 3/8 ratch this week and since we don't get a mac truck, I picked this up temporary from HF.

It's actually not too bad. Sounds very smooth.
You must be registered for see images attach
I can vouch for the decent quality of ICON ratchets and their ratchet wrenches. Before I bought my used 3 bay Snap On lower box, I considered a 3 bay ICON box. My friend with the Snap On, needed some extra money for Christmas and I made him an offer. The ICON tools have great quality, IMO.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
I can vouch for the decent quality of ICON ratchets and their ratchet wrenches. Before I bought my used 3 bay Snap On lower box, I considered a 3 bay ICON box. My friend with the Snap On, needed some extra money for Christmas and I made him an offer. The ICON tools have great quality, IMO.
HF has definitely improved in quality over the last several years. I bought some ICON combination metric wrenches and had no issues so far.

So far the ratchet is pretty good. I just needed something cheap(er) for now since I may or may not have use my Mac 3/8 ratchet as a breaker bar....

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My main ratchets are all 3 Mac flex head ratchets, 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2". I have bought and used mainly MAC tools for years but I never turn down a great deal on Snap On, Matco or SK. My main sets of combination wrenches, both long and regular, are SK. My stubby's are ICON and ratchet wrenches are ICON.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I actually have some 3/8" and 1/2" Gearwrench lock extensions, hardly ever use them but nice to have when I do. I did not have 1/4" lock extensions. I got a good deal on those at EBAY with a mix of SK and Mac. $50 for the set and free shipping. I always ask for a military discount and typically get it.