New tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether to go with BFG AT or some cooper stt's.
I do alot of highway travel but love the mt sound with a passion

Well if you like the sound then id say go with boggers!! lol ill have to make you a vid clip of my truck so you can hear mine scream! lol but if i was going to put a MT on a DD i would get either Toyo's or the MTZ's

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I thought I was going to be replacing my Trail Grapplers in 25-30k max, but they are still going well at almost 50k. I'll replace them after this season but honestly I could probably get another 5-7k out of them if I had to. They weren't babied, either. The truck has been used in the woods often.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well I do want the aggressive look plus I'll need em down at the huntin land and both the stt's and trail grapplers really in my idea of new tires. I just have to see the mtz's now.
I'll pass on the boggers hahaha

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I know they've gotten a bad rap years ago for the incidents with the Ford Explorers, but have you looked at the Firestone's, more specifically the Destination M/T's? I'll be upfront and tell you I don't know anything other than what I've read online in other forums, but IMHO they're one of the top 3 best looking M/T tires on the market.

I just inquired about putting them on my truck. My local tire shop told me that they are currently re-tooling to switch from 8 ply to 10 ply tires. They told me that they should be available around the second week of January.

Just to give you one more thing to think about!

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Well avoid the Nitto Mud Grapplers. I had a set for a week. They suck on the road and in mud, and sound like the tread is trying to come apart over 40mph.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I know they've gotten a bad rap years ago for the incidents with the Ford Explorers, but have you looked at the Firestone's, more specifically the Destination M/T's? I'll be upfront and tell you I don't know anything other than what I've read online in other forums, but IMHO they're one of the top 3 best looking M/T tires on the market.

I just inquired about putting them on my truck. My local tire shop told me that they are currently re-tooling to switch from 8 ply to 10 ply tires. They told me that they should be available around the second week of January.

Just to give you one more thing to think about!

ive had the fireston mts on my truck cant say much about them because they only had 1/4 tread but they did good in the mud but wore out pretty quick ran them for 2 or 3 months they were also noisy which is common on a mud tire and they rode crappy but it handled ok

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Well avoid the Nitto Mud Grapplers. I had a set for a week. They suck on the road and in mud, and sound like the tread is trying to come apart over 40mph.

Really? Because mine work great in the mud. I've ran mine on trails, mud and some river rock. Works great for me every time. On the road they sound like a b-52 but doesn't bother me. I probably have close to 12k on them and I love them

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
ive had the fireston mts on my truck cant say much about them because they only had 1/4 tread but they did good in the mud but wore out pretty quick ran them for 2 or 3 months they were also noisy which is common on a mud tire and they rode crappy but it handled ok

Do M/T's get especially loud when they get close to the end of their life, more than say a mild A/T? My Baja Claws are almost DONE, and I've noticed they've gotten excessively loud in the last few months.