Tire Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don’t understand why this thread instantly turned into a referendum on tire/wheel size! In my original post, I immediately point out I’m using 265’s on a 16x6.5 wheel. I even posted a picture of it!!!!
:suicide:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
If you hadn't mentioned that, probably nobody would have said a word about it :think:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you hadn't mentioned that, probably nobody would have said a word about it :think:

Maybe, but if I didn’t I would’ve heard from the “you shouldn’t run those on that size wheel crowd” which I was trying to avoid. Oh well, anyway, how you liking the Ultraterrain’s, how they wearing?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I haven't put but maybe 2000 miles on the truck since I got them... If that much... They're still pretty much new. I love them, tho they can be a bit loud on the highway lol.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't put but maybe 2000 miles on the truck since I got them... If that much... They're still pretty much new. I love them, tho they can be a bit loud on the highway lol.
I have ZERO noise. In fact, that’s one of their selling points that they were designed partially to eliminate noise.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I have ZERO noise. In fact, that’s one of their selling points that they were designed partially to eliminate noise.

All I know is they're louder than the nearly bald tires they replaced and that's probably why they seem louder lol. Also the noise is not nearly as noticeable anymore since I added sound deadening and put the carpet back in lol.

What does the sidewall show for max psi?

80psi

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, people do whatever they want, as I did. But to suggest I or some “uninformed” person came up with that is patently wrong. And Z71’s did have 7” wheels. Many tire shops will not mount tires that don’t fall into wheel range. All of this was beside my point anyway, as it was only mentioned because many would say it’s the incorrect tire for that wheel.
There’s a guy here who won’t mount tires on a vehicle unless it’s the stock size. He says it’s for liability reasons. Guess who I don’t use.