New Member New Truck(to me)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is Mitch, I am a 20yr/old U.S. Army combat medic, and this is my OBS Silverado.
You must be registered for see images attach

She's a 1991 1500 Silverado. 5.7, auto, loaded with red interior and a bench seat(WIN), 180k well maintained miles, cat-back duals, and all for the price of $1980

what do you guys think? Did i do well today?

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:welcome: To GMT400!! Looks like a good buy to me! Lots of helpful guys here! Also when you start lookin' around you have to be careful because you'll blow money so fast your head will spin! :lol:

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Mitch.
LMFAO Shawn!!!!!!

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to GMT400 and thank you for your service!!

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for all the welcomes everyone! And yeah I already have a really expensive hobby...want to see? Ok here you go.

Anyways my thoughts on the truck so far...
I am thrilled with this truck. I just sold my s10 blazer with 140k miles for 1900 bucks and threw 80 bucks with it and picked up this gem. It's so much better in every way. The ride is awesome! Very smooth. the interior has no squeaks or rattles, everything works! Even cruise and the bug juice.

I didn't think i would like the long bed at first when I was on the way to look at it but I am already very happy to have it over the short bed.

I have always had a soft spot for the GMT400 trucks because my dad had this Z71 for years and just got rid of it this month.

It was always a badass truck to me so to have one of my own now is great.

let's see what else do I think about the truck...well i like the 350tbi ALOT more than I thought I would. My camaro is an ls1 and it's got alot more power than the old tbi...but man this thing is a stump puller! I drove it all the way home in the span of 600-2000rpm. It's great.
I need to roll under it and see what exhaust it's running but I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone else it's the best I have ever heard on one of these old trucks! It's aggressive but not overbearing. Quiet when cruising but loud and mean when you're on the throttle.

What are some general things I should have my eye out for maintenance wise at 180k? It needs a few things but nothing big. I need to decide whether it's worth the time/effort/money to cut the rust out of the rocker panels, cab corners, and the ever so small big above the rear wheels.

Bottom line I love my truck so far!