New here, from GMFS. Here's my 400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang it! why did i buy a freakin roll pan already. that looks sick! i would love that look on my 88

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks awesome, keep it forever.

Thats been my intentions since the first day It was mine. As of late, my original engine was burning 5 quarts of oil every 300 miles :uhoh2: So I bought another engine off craigslist for cheap. It knocked my tranny out AND developed a HORRIBLE rod knock. At the end of my ropes, my parents were pushing me to trade in an old, suped up piece of **** for a truck that just simply worked. Which would have been a horrible idea considering I couldn't have gotten anything else worth a damn. So, I finally talked them off and threw more money to have both rebuilt. I pick it up this Saturday, and she'll be ready to roll for another decade or so :dancingpoop:

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice! yeah its never good when you intend to replace somthing but it brakes before you have the funds lol. when my axle went out i already had my 12bolt housing and all the brakes moched up but didnt have any of the right gears carrier shafts brakes or anything it was all stock 76 chevy parts i used to fit everything, so my axle broke and rather than throw that under there un prepared or with miss matched gears or buy another stock 10 bolt i borrowed a truck for 2 weeks and threw 2 grand at my axle and got the works that i had planned on putting in it. it was worth the wait and in the end cost me less money overall. i know how you feel im pretty sure lol

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the kind words yall, and yes with the drivetrain problems I was really stuck between a rock and a hard place, but thats over now.

She'll be good to go again saturday (cannot wait) and I'll finally actually want to wash it again. (Haven't washed it all winter When you have a truck with all the accessories and a real loud rod knock, its just embaressing.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I may try to prime and paint my original bumpe :hmm:r to save some cash but I don't know that it will come out as well as I think. I'm sure it will hold up but I don't know that it will get that deep gloss black look if I rattle canned it.