New guy from NY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bikerkid9069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, My name is TJ. Picked up my k1500 about a month ago and just found this forum. My truck is a 95 k1500 extended cab, step-side, Z71 package. Joined the site hoping to find more info/suggestions on the truck (lets face it, no project is ever finished).

Heres a few pics.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

So far I've taken the fiberglass steps off, I ditched the stock headlights for a set of smoked ones, pulled the ghetto dual exhaust off.

Mods:
6" Suspension lift
2" Body lift
35x12.5r15 Procomp m/t
15x10 Dick Cepeck wheels
Shift kit
Heavy duty internals in the transmission
H/D drive shaft
Light duty 14 bolt rear (Thinking this came factory... Anyone know how to tell? It is 6 lug)
Alpine head unit with 10" alpine type e sub (just to help with the bass a bit)
Visor with lights
Shorty headers
AEM intake
Smoked heads/tails

Plans for it:
Tinted windows
Freshen up the bottom end
Vortec heads
Cam
Intake/TB
Chip
4.56 gears f/r (currently has 3.73's)
2" cowl hood
Different wheels
Home made rock-sliders
Bull bar

Possibly at some point a SAS

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
welcome! nice truck! id recommend going 4.88. i wish i would have. cause like me, you'll probably eventually go with bigger tires!

bikerkid9069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I hear the 4.88's are better for the woods but this truck is a daily with more around town driving, with some highway and some off roading. What are your RPM's like down the highway? I hate how you'll be cruising down the highway with even the slightest incline or slightest acceleration it has to down shift.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
i ran 4.56 for a long time with my 305/70r16's (which measured a true 32inches) it was perfect! rpm were a lil high. i really don't remember how high. I never checked mileage cause my speedometer was way off! and its not horrible now with the 37's but i really wish i would have went lower!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi! Nice truck, that lift makes 35's look tiny.

If you have rpo F44 then your 14 bolt should be factory.

bikerkid9069

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i ran 4.56 for a long time with my 305/70r16's (which measured a true 32inches) it was perfect! rpm were a lil high. i really don't remember how high. I never checked mileage cause my speedometer was way off! and its not horrible now with the 37's but i really wish i would have went lower!
Sounds like a good idea going with the 4.88's then..

Right now I'm getting about 6mpg :hmm:

Hi! Nice truck, that lift makes 35's look tiny.

If you have rpo F44 then your 14 bolt should be factory.

Yeah the 35's do look a bit small but if I turn to full lock then I have about 1" of clearance from the bumper

Thanks for the rpo code, I'll have to go check.