New from Marland but far from new

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squidtracy

Reaction score
Good Day all: I joined some months ago but never got around to being active on here and I would like to change that. I would like to exchange information / ideas and learn from the wealth of GM knowledge on this forum. Last year I was given my fathers 1989 GMC Sierra Stepside from my brother who has too many vehicles and only drove it a couple times a year and he wanted to keep it in the family and knew that I would take care of it. Long story short, I have the truck and intend on doing a FULL restoration and upgrades. I will start a thread on here about the build for all to follow along and I invite all to chime in with ideas, comments, or recommendations because I have about ZERO truck knowledge. I am not at a total loss around cars but, I have never owned a truck and my current passion is Mopar and own a 2008 Dodge Super Bee and belong to Southern Maryland Mopars Club. Although I have those ties, I am fully committed to this build. My father worked for GM for over 40 years as a machinist repairing the machinery that made these trucks and this was his first new vehicle ever. While raising 9 kids he owned several different cars, trucks etc.. but never a new car till we were all gone from home and that is when he got the vehicle he wanted for himself his truck. She was treated like a queen with meticulous records of every oil change, every gas fill up including odometer reading and price ( when the gallon and dollars were about the same ). after my fathers passing 8 years ago, my brother had made some changes to the truck which fit his individual taste and I fully intend to do the same so there may even be some parts available for those interested as the overhaul progresses. I will learn to navigate this site as I have my Mopar site and will be very reasonable when offering parts no longer needed because I would rather have a true enthusiast have the parts than make a few bucks. I have no timeframe for this build, my intent is do it right the first time no matter how long it takes. I will only use the best parts available but since I am retired military and work this build will go as long as it takes as I can set aside the $$$. I will get some current photos posted on the build thread and I look forward to getting to meet some other GM enthusiast. The theme of the truck ( Rosie ) is Street Beast naturally aspirated. I have already begun the build of the new powerplant ( 496 STROKER )

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
That has got to be a record for longest introduction! Nice to finally meet ya

Moore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome, what part of maryland are you from?