New from Idaho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickG80

Reaction score
so I’ve had numerous 400’s.
96 k1500 z71 rcsb
99 Tahoe (dad’s) I borrowed
93 k1500 z71 rcsb
95 k1500 z71 Ecsb
01 k1500 z71 ecsb (not a 400 I know)
95 k2500LD ecsb
But finally got my high school dream truck 22 years latter.
1997 K1500HD ecsb 3rd door.
I don’t know what it is about this body style but I just love them. They are solid easy to work on, very dependable If I could find a 1999 2500HD CCSB and put in a LBZ I’d be set for life!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome:

NickG80

Reaction score
Yes but I have to remember how to post them. It’s been awhile since I’ve been on a forum

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. To post pics, just click on the red tab (bottom right) that says upload a file, then pick a folder. Once it installs, I like to full size the image. Its a lot easier to see on your phone, or any thing else, like this. Then just click post reply. You can put up to 5 pics per thread I think.
You must be registered for see images attach

XJPhoenix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings!

Welcome to the site. I like your truck, that's an awesome colour and it looks like it's in great shape. Would you mind me asking what happened to the transmission? Did it crap out on you, or did it just need a refresh?

:)

NickG80

Reaction score
I was looking for a camper shell and the previous owner was wanting to “thin his heard” so he sold me the whole truck. It wasn’t in better mechanical condition (80k more miles also) than my 95 but had third door and vortec. So I sold the 95 and I’m rebuilding the transmission. I’ve also purchased new tires and got a newer set of wheels for it.

The transmission smoked the direct clutches, he towed a trailer all over with flooring supplies and sometimes a bobcat welder in overdrive. The drivetrain May have been worked but looks to be in great shape, I drove it home in 2nd gear. The color is growing on me but way better than the 95 see below
You must be registered for see images attach