New to GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
New to the GMT400 Forum and excited to be here. Joined at the suggestion of my brother Moe82 (if you get a chance check out his '97 & 98'). Been a bowtie truck lover since I was 18. We actually grew up Ferd (yes, I watch Peg religiously on LubeTube) people, but came to our senses...First and only GMT400 was a 1994 GMC RCSB 2WD. Have had a 2003 ECSB Z71, 2004 RCLB 2WD, 2013 ECSB 4WD, and just sold my daily driver, a 2014 RCLB 2WD. Anyone familiar with '14 Sliverados is aware of the electrical gremlins they had and mine was no exception and then some. With the crazy market right now I sold it to a dealer for a price that I felt guilty about, but hey, they could have done more than gave me what KBB said it was worth. Bought a little rice burning coupe to drive my little 20 minute commute, and began my hunt for what I wanted for a truck and heres's what I found.

1997 ECSB Z71 all original, no accidents, interior is 95% (only the typical cracking leather on the dual buckets). Truck spent it's entire life in North Central Indiana, so yes, needs cab corner repair and some bubbling on lower doors and one little spot on DS rear fender well. Frame is rust scaled pretty good (wish Fluid Film was thought of by the previous 2 owners...haha). Truck drives and runs, not even exaggerating like new. I guess that might be because (did I forget to mention) 70,233 original miles! I feel pretty lucky to have found it. Love the original Blue Green Metallic paint. After the lower body work gets done I plan on having OEM fender flares installed and paint them and the lower body up to the body line a good contrasting Dark Blue Green Metallic.

First question I have if you have read this far is I am contemplating needle scaling and wiring the entire frame and PORing or taking it to a body man for blasting and rust inhibitor coating / paint. Any body have a ballpark figure on what it would cost to have a pro do the frame right? Thanks in advance for any help!
You must be registered for see images attach

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If you don't find it here you are entering unknown territory. Have you looked really closely at the various corners and any other potential trouble spots in the frame? If you are going to take it all the way to the frame it might be worth taking a look around the South and finding a rust free one. No idea what scaling the rust off a frame would cost. I am sure someone on here will have suggestions.

It looks like a nice truck and really good luck on the low miles. That should be a keeper for sure. When you finish you will have just as much truck as your 2014, WAY cooler, and properly maintained should run forever.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes, the 'ol timer boards will get replaced with chrome nerf bars...
Anyone have any idea what those old school aluminum running boards are going for? I have several that Dad collected for the square body Burbs, but didn't get around to installing. Lots of different length pieces and end flaps.
Thanks in advance!