‘99 K1500 Classic “Karma Jr.”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
Little while back I sold my beloved 2000 CCSB K2500 we called Karma in favor of something newer with less maintenance and fuel cost
You must be registered for see images attach

Since I sold her I’ve had a few Duramax trucks, couple Cummins, bunch of 99-07 1/2 tons and 3/4 tons. And even an 08 Silverado. But nothing filled the void in my heart for the OBS trucks like Karma did. So I listed my 08 for sale with the intention of buying another CC OBS truck. Found a few that were decent but not up to par with my expectations. Found one in Tulsa that seemed decent, was a 1998 K3500 CCDRW truck with a new 454 in it. Yeah the outside was decent but the inside seemed as if someone sprayed every surface with a dip spitter and left dirty laundry in it, for a year with the windows up. Guy was firm on price of $4000 even though it needed cleaned badly and needed all six tires. I told him I’d pass on it and me and my buddy sat in a Braums parking lot eating lunch when I found it, a clean 1999 Classic K1500 3rd door with under 150k on the clock. Guy was asking $3500 for it and had all maintenance records since his grandpa bought it new. Spoke with him on the phone and he was only a mile from where we were so we headed that way. Upon arrival I noticed the leather seats were taped over due to tears from use. The brake booster was out, AC line had JB WELD on it, and the rear Ujoint was on its last leg. I used all this information to talk him down to a cool $2850 knowing I could have all new parts for less than $500 and still have a decent chunk since I sold the 08 for $9500. So here she is, loaded up in my trailer using my dads Duramax to tow it home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Right away I had to fix the mechanical issues with it, using RockAuto.com I scored everything I needed for less that $250, spent a few hours swapping everything out and had a shop vacuum/charge the AC for $45. After the AC was working correctly I noticed immediately it was having a difficult time keeping the cab cool, so I opted for a 5% on 5% tint from a local shop for $150 with a lifetime warranty

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Then came replacing all the factory stereo equipment (what was left of it) with a nice order from CrutchField.com. All Kenwood speakers, amp, sub, and a custom box for a single 12” under the seat. Stayed up to 3am installing everything making sure it was right and because I’m not a fan of triple digit temps here in OK.

Stereo sounds great, crisp, clear with good bass. I wasn’t looking to rattle windows but to have something as nice as the Memphis setup in my 08. Very pleased with everything

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Some random pictures from beginning to today

You must be registered for see images

Truck on the 4th of July, saw an option for a nice pic lol

Before the tint, down at Lowwater bridge in Perry

Plan for the truck is a 6” lift and some nice 16” or 18” rims with meat. The original Karma had 20s and they were nice but just seemed too big for me. Not going too crazy with this one just want a nice head turner like my old 01 sitting on 40s

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
For those who have Instagram, give me a follow! @thatlowchevy
I update there often so you’ll see a lot of my random crap I post there before here!

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Some random pictures from beginning to today

Truck on the 4th of July, saw an option for a nice pic lol

Before the tint, down at Lowwater bridge in Perry

Plan for the truck is a 6” lift and some nice 16” or 18” rims with meat. The original Karma had 20s and they were nice but just seemed too big for me. Not going too crazy with this one just want a nice head turner like my old 01 sitting on 40s

Damn how much lift is on that truck? 10”??

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
That’s incredible. Looked like it was fun to drive

It was a blast, I drove it in multiple parades and went to a lot of shows with it, it was built back in 2006 when y’all trucks like that weren’t all too common

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Nice truck! Very clean. $150 doesn't sound too bad for tint, especially with a lifetime warranty.