New from GA! Advice for a newbie?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98CHEVY-1500

Reaction score
Hey guys, im a new guy from GA. I was pretty confident that i could get an aswer on this forum, so here it is...i have a 1998 chevy 1500 stepside 2wd. I dont like the word "stock". I figured that yall could help me with that. The truck already has 8000k hids and im alreadyputting in 2 - 10 inch subs under the back seat. I just need a little advice for her. I will post pics sometime soon. Thanks in advance!

98CHEVY-1500

Reaction score
Thought about lowering it, but im not really into lowered trucks. Im too tall for them and its just a pain to get in and out of. If i do lower though it will be gettin neon...

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
welcome! i would advise against putting neon/underglow/etc...on, makes it look ricey, but hey its your truck! just a small drop and some nice wheels would help things out, or you could prerunner it!

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
A decent set of wheels always makes a huge difference. Cowl hood, roll pan, tonneau cover, tint, debadge/demold.. There's lots of options. I'd stay away from underglow. If you want to go that route, at least don't do it on a GMT400.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Prerunner: pretty much the only reason to lift a 2wd.
You must be registered for see images attach

98CHEVY-1500

Reaction score
Ive decided against neon. Pics arent showing. Can somebody explain what it is, how to do it, and how much it is for the "prerunner"?

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you really didnt want to lower alot you could just level it out and lower the rear some and you could always just remove all body moldings and the pin striping. and pick up a set of black 22s. then get a paintable smoothie front bumper and roll pan for the rear and have them painted to match truck then black out your grill with some nice lights and such.. i think it would look sweet blacked out