New from Ellijay, GA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I have not joined this Forum sooner. I am a long time owner of several GMT-400 Suburban's over the years, I have owned 4 K1500's, two 99's, one 96 and my current ride a 98 K1500. I bought it last year with only 135K on the clock. I love these trucks. In the process of getting the brakes back to stock, and want to eliminate the ABS system, never liked it on any of them. Now I have to find some original caliper brackets. My brakes are Baer 13 inch rotors vented, cross drilled and slotted, with 2 piston calipers. It uses pads from the Caddy XLR or Corvette of that era. They work fine, but I want to put the original 16" alloy rims and get rid of the 18" late model Silverado rims currently on it. It looks great with the black Silverado rims, I'm just a OEM guy. The radio is another story. That original one was yanked and a Kenwood receiver, four channel amp and amped sub have been installed. It sounds great. Looking forward to tip and tricks and adding some of my expertise and experience with these trucks to anyone that needs it.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Need some pics lol. As for the abs I know they got a bad rep. But if they work , why yank it out?

baxterday

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, and if I saw your ride pull into my driveway right now I would think my Liberal Government just sent in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to terminate my home brew operation.
Thank you, I had one of these in Argentina for a few years, same as the one pictured and it was known as the FBI truck in Mendoza. I thought it was funny.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, from a Suburban owner/fanatic in Houston, Texas. My family is only on our second 400 series Burb, but we've had many square body Burbs since the late 70s. They are such versatile vehicles; only drawbacks are feeding them and parking them!