New Factory Tailgate-Whats It Worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry, not on here every day. (Just every other day, lol) My neighbor is the sales manager at the local Chevrolet dealer. They sell quite a few trucks(as well as cars). Many are fleet/work trucks, that on occasion, they would add or remove liftgates on, etc., before delivery. This particular tailgate came off a brand new, at the time, white pickup, that needed a liftgate modification option. As the manager, he was able to keep the tailgate(and the bumper & some other panels or something) & they were in his office, getting in his way. So he knew I had a white truck & brought it home for me. By the way, this was about 10+ years ago. Thanks for everyones input on this.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The concensus here, seems to be that its not worth much. If thats the case, I'm going to just hang on to it, as I originally intended. Thanks for everyones input.