New Factory Tailgate-Whats It Worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a brand-new, zero-miles, white, take-off, factory GM tailgate, for an '88 thru '98 fleetside bed. Any ideas, as to what it might be worth? Thanks

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Why do you have a brand new tailgate? And at this point in time it is worth the same amount as a tailgate from an 88 that isn't dented and is the right color for the buyer. Don't expect too much.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Why do you have a brand new tailgate? And at this point in time it is worth the same amount as a tailgate from an 88 that isn't dented and is the right color for the buyer. Don't expect too much.
im guessing truck was used for 5th wheel whole life.

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well unless they took the tailgate off for 5th-wheel towing, then it's not "brand-new, zero-miles".

I've just never seen any trucks with 5th wheels in tow with no tailgates. :dunno:

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And at this point in time it is worth the same amount as a tailgate from an 88 that isn't dented and is the right color for the buyer. Don't expect too much.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED, there's your answer

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Well unless they took the tailgate off for 5th-wheel towing, then it's not "brand-new, zero-miles".

I've just never seen any trucks with 5th wheels in tow with no tailgates. :dunno:

:word: never seen a truck take it's tailate off to tow a 5th wheel or gooseneck or any type of trailer. Plus a tailgate can save someones life in a situation. When I was working on the beef farm for the college I was at we had someone hook up a gooseneck that didn't get it right. The trailer popped off with a bunch of pigs in it on the highway. The tailgate caught the trailer and we the driver was able to pull it over without losing the trailer.