new distributor ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Working away on the Tahoe and decided to go ahead and do lower intake gaskets. So since I have to pull the old crap stock distributor, I figured I'd go back in with a nice metal or billet body unit with steel gear. I'm looking at a couple options. Has anyone used the A1auto dizzy? it's got an attractive price at $60 and seems to be a good replacement choice. I'm also looking at the Summit racing replacement but it's $162. Either way it'll get a Delco cap.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used this one on my 98 since it had the metal housing and melonized gear. I have had no issues. But, it comes with a fixed hold down bracket so you’d need to reuse your existing one to allow it to rotate when setting the CMP Retard/offset.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-850098

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the one from Summit I was looking at. Did you use the cap that came with it or swap it to a Delco?

Anyone have feedback on this unit

Lattimer

Reaction score
I've been using the DUI brand distributors on my stuff. Expensive but they seem to work really well. I have their HEI on my 1970C-10 and their stock replacement on my 1994 Blazer.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was a little more curious about the $60 A1auto piece. I figure some of the more expensive options will work fine but when you see about $100 savings it makes one wonder 2 things, (A) how much quality difference is there and (B) how much markup is in those more expensive units. They both seem to be made better than the OE plastic crap, so why so much price discrepancy?? Makes ya wonder how much money goes just to the brand name and not the product quality sometimes.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And then there is this, great reviews too. Not in the description but reading through it's got the melonized gear. And free shipping too.