New 91 Chevy owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could be the TBI. After we fixed that vacuum line the truck idles smooth with no miss, so that could still be a timing issue?
Yep. Always set the base timing first. Pretty easy to do.
Lots of videos and info about how to do it.
Look it up, set the timing with the wire disconnected while its warm.
go from there.
Look at TBI diagnostics and follow the charts.
The GM factory information is out there.
follow the GM.
Almost all TBI issues can be diagnosed with a voltmeter, a timing light, an HEI spark tester and a vacuum pump.
You need those anyway.
Start with the basics.

PaulyJ

Reaction score
Hey guys been a long time! Wanted to drop in with a long overdue update, which I am sure nobody here remembers my little project. But anyway, after awhile and not having any proper place to work on it, I ended up doing some trade work with a local auto repair shop to get this thing road worthy. They first figured out the power issue which was, the transmission was smoked. So they ordered and installed freshly rebuilt one, installed the headers and a true dual exhaust kit (flowmaster super 10s), and various other minor things it needed. Well, other than developing some fresh leaks she runs great! I drive it around locally all the time. I am moving to a larger nearby city and will finally have a place to work on it properly. The downside is I am over doubling my rent and may not have the money to work on it. We'll see how things are after the first few months once settled in. Isnt life fun?

Anyway, the thing I have noticed the most is the lack of power. Maybe cause of the lift and tires? Or maybe shes just gutless. Dunno. But I want to change this one day. Would love to pull this motor and either "spice it up" with a few performance parts. Or just drop in a dressed crate 350.

Last edited:

PaulyJ

Reaction score
Some more pics from this year.

Attachments

• 0721221639_HDR_2.jpg
    0721221639_HDR_2.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 1116221353_HDR_2.jpg
    1116221353_HDR_2.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 1116221419a_HDR.jpg