New 91 Chevy owner!

Discussion in 'Member Trucks' started by PaulyJ, Feb 28, 2021.

1. PaulyJ

PaulyJ Newbie

Yeah I am pretty excited. It looks like just enough of a project for a newbie like myself.

2. PaulyJ

PaulyJ Newbie

I should have asked this in the beginning, where is the best place to order parts for this truck? Do you think summit racing is ok for things like headers/distributor/air intake? Or is there somewhere better?

1ton-o-fun and HotWheelsBurban like this.
  3. Cheap Heap

Cheap Heap I'm Awesome

Normally I'd say Rock Auto but I've had some issues with parts that don't work recently (Ac Delco Fuel Pump) and I'm leaning towards trying to stay local for ease of returns or exchanges. Parts for these trucks are common and plentiful but there are also a lot of cheap knock offs floating around as well.

4. Steven Petersen

Steven Petersen I'm Awesome

Because most current AC Delco parts are made in communist china. It’s no better than any of the other knock off crap. Also beware of AC Delco “Advantage” line. This is their economy garbage line.

1ton-o-fun likes this.
  5. mars2878

mars2878 I'm Awesome

looks like you scored a good starting point project.
    just remember that we like pictures. :)

6. PaulyJ

PaulyJ Newbie

Once I get an opportunity to get into some real work on it, I absolutely will upload pictures. I love before and after images. If I work hard enough I will have friday off haha, but I am not doing anything interesting on it. Just bolting the stock Y pipe back on, replacing the TPI, PCV valve, spark plugs and if I have time new battery cables. I dont think anyone cares about that stuff right?

7. PaulyJ

PaulyJ Newbie

Ive seen Rock Auto before but I have never browsed them much since this is my first project truck. I was thinking they might be good for those specific items like new door panels and handles, trim pieces ect. Performance stuff I was thinking Summit Racing and for the generic stuff Ive just been going to the Napa auto parts store (TPI, PCV valve, battery cables, spark plugs).

8. Cheap Heap

Cheap Heap I'm Awesome

Check out LMC Truck for body panels and such. Also ebay and local part outs.

9. William Keiter

William Keiter Newbie

Nice project truck. Remember to check the simple stuff first as you never know who had their hands in there. I have found quite a bit of loose clamps, plugs, act on my recent purchase 1990 K3500. Tail light gremlin was a simple connector under the dash that was halfway installed.

Good luck

PaulyJ and HotWheelsBurban like this.
  10. Erin

Erin I'm Awesome

Agree. I had 2 AC Delco AC compressors seize up at the clutch, with less than a year on both.

1ton-o-fun likes this.