Need to know a nut size!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddbucket

Reaction score
Long story short while rebuilding my steering column I fubared the threads on the steering wheel nut.

What size of nut is this? I know it's a flange nut but I have no idea what size of nut it is or what the thread pitch is, google turns up nothing.

Help!

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i doubt they can look up steering column nut size, but i may be wrong. just go to a salvage yard and pull you a new part

Muddbucket

Reaction score
Nothin at the boneyard. Napa was no help.

I got the old steering column I pulled outta the truck when I put the new one in, guess I'll just bring it to some hardware stores and see what fits.

The original nut was a flange nut, is there a problem with swapping that out with a jam nut?

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i will mail you a nut if you need one, just pay the international first class postage and the nut is free, i have mucho nuts.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
According the the GM catalog, M14X1.5 6H THD 27 OD Flanged. Part # 26056108. I'd find a used one or pay the 8 bucks at the dealer and get a new one.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
According the the GM catalog, M14X1.5 6H THD 27 OD Flanged. Part # 26056108. I'd find a used one or pay the 8 bucks at the dealer and get a new one.

THIS is why I love this site! Look at the info given above, it's perfect.