Weld Nut Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenMonkey

Reaction score
I've been doing an interior refresh on my truck. I'm putting the headliner and grab handles back in my cab. I had to cut out one of the weld nuts that the grab handle bolt goes into, and need to get a new one. Does anyone know the thread specs on these weld nuts? I haven't been able to find any info online. The truck is a 1998 k3500 if that matters. Thanks for your help.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not off hand, but take the corresponding bolt for the grab handle and you'll be able to figure out the thread spec pretty easily. Nut/bolt gauges at the auto parts (and many hardware stores) if you don't own a set yourself.

Richard

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Exactly.

it’s how I got additional bolts with the right pitch and nuts that were the right pitch when I did the buckets. Home Depot usually has a noce thread thing ie you can use for figure out the bolt, and then from that you know the nut to get.
mever believe what people write online with out checking yourself because thing might have change between years, or they remembered wrong or someone drilled amd retapped a stripped one to a larger size, etc.

Better to be safe and be right the first time!