Need some measurements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This will probably be much easier for someone that happens to have their bed off, so if anybody does a fuel pump swap check these few spots. I need to know the....

Inside frame to inside frame at the very rear of the truck
Outside frame to outside frame at rear of truck
Inside frame to inside frame at back of the cab
Outside frame to outside frame at back of cab
From Axle Center line to back of cab
From Axle Center line to rear of frame

And from someone with atleast a 2" drop up front, I need a measurement from oil pan to ground AND how much you are dropped.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
All of those months when my bed was off and now you ask :wtg: Ill get your oil pan measurent with a 5 in drop.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know Dev, I thought about you when I typed it up. I wish I would have thought about this last month!!!!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
if you get a chance look up doored454's build on fsc if he didnt have to modify his pan when he redid that truck the first time you will be fine. Plus its just a sick ass build to check out I love that truck. You may find the answer to a few q's on there.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some more stuff I need. Any body know what size axle tubes our trucks use? My dad is gonna start fabbing up some of the 4 link / watts link stuff and I need to know but can't exactly go measure, lol. That's also why I need those other measurements, lol.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doesn't the 454ss have larger axle tubes because of it being a 14 bolt rear end?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was thinking so, I could get mesurement's off of a regular 10 bolt easy but I don't have access right now to a 14 bolt 454ss rear end.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe a 4x4 rear end. I think the axles are the same just shorter on the SS

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3.330-3.328

Incase anyone else needs to know. These are from a guy on the SS site. Now I just need the other stuff :)